PIXEL DESIGN ENGINEER
Sony Depthsensing Solutions is seeking a Pixel Design Engineer to work on next generation Time of Flight (TOF) sensor designs and architectures in their Brussels location.
This position is part of an advanced technology team which is enabling the next generation of Time of Flight imaging. The candidate will bring their deep knowledge and proven experience in pixel design, TCAD process and device simulation in 2D and 3D as well as process integration knowledge and good communications skills to a dynamic and fast moving team working on the most advanced image sensor technologies. Your main focus will be on the development of TOF pixels and sensors.
- You will be responsible of R&D on TOF pixels, devices and sensors: This will include full-cycle follow-up from conception to validation in silicon to volume production.
- You will work with other members of the design team to define and optimize pixel layout and performance.
- Verification of sensor functionality and performance: You will work with characterization teams to help provide understanding of the characterization analysis and to tune TCAD results.
- Your interface with process team to incorporate process splits in TCAD simulation and lot fabrication.
- You have a strong command of English.
- You have a Masters degree in electrical engineering or similar field.
- You will require an analytical mind with a strong commitment to quality within high team spirit and social skills as you will be working with design teams, hardware and software engineers to successfully complete challenging IC and sensor system design projects.
- You have a deep understanding of semiconductor and/or optoelectronic device physics. Understanding of image sensor functions is a plus.
- You ideally have 4 years of experience with process and device simulation tools from vendors such as Synopsis and Silvaco.
- You have a good understanding of semiconductor fab processing and process integration, and how these steps affect electrical and optical performance.
- You have practical understanding of how to incorporate design rules and process limitations into TCAD simulations.
- You have experience in characterizing semiconductor devices and circuits.
- You are goal oriented and innovative approach to problem solving.
- You are willing to travel internationally if needed