TEAM LEADER DIGITAL IC DESIGN
Smartphones that automatically unlock when they recognize their owner. Gaming systems with real, realistic virtual reality components. Crash-proof drones that avoid obstacles such as wires or trees and land on a surface they selected as safe. Robots that understand their environment and interpret their operator’s body language or gestures.
These are just a few of the many different applications that our customers are building with our sensor products.
These developments are driven from our Sony DepthSensing competence center located in Brussels.
The DepthSensing competence center develops full stack solutions: from sensor IC’s, camera modules and drivers, computer-vision software, up to proof of concepts of applications.
The IC R&D activities are therefore very much linked to the systems we develop and their requirements, driven from the DepthSensing competence center in Brussels and executed in collaboration with other IC R&D centers located in Japan, Israel and USA.
This job opening is your opportunity to become part of our success!
As team leader for Digital IC Design you will be responsible for:
- On time and with good quality delivery of the digital blocks, together with the digital project leader.
- Methods and tools, linked to your team’s activities.
- Ensure good cooperation with the other teams (Pixel/Analog Design, System Design, …)
- External contacts, linked with the projects
- Other digital design teams within Sony (Israel, USA, Japan)
- People and competence management. As SDS is expanding, hiring new engineers (define job description, participation to job fairs, CV screening, candidate interviewing/selecting, induction plan, …).
- Lead by example to enroll further the IC design Quality Management System into your team.
- Performance appraisal.
You will be involved in drawing up annual and mid-range business plans.
You will report to the IC Design Section Manager.
- Master degree in Engineering, Micro-Electronic Engineering, Physics
- At least 10 year experience in Semiconductor industry, in Semiconductor Product Design (and/or Semiconductor Product Validation and/or Semiconductor Product Testing)
- Few years of experience of high technology product development in a virtual team context is a plus.
- Good knowledge on IC Logic/Digital design, knowledge or experience in the domain of image or time-of-flight sensors is a plus.
- Methodologies and Tools for IC Logic Design and Test
- R&D development process flow of IC sensors
- QMS knowledge and practical experience with ISO 9001 in context of IC design. Knowledge about automotive or other specific standards is a plus.
- Quality tools, such as problem solving techniques, failure analysis methods, process improvement methods,...
- Good knowledge of office software tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc.)
- Able to set direction, objectives for a team and individuals and to assess.
- Strong commitment to deliver Quality by yourself and with your team.
- Be able to work independently as part of a team.
- Motivated to work in an international R&D environment.
- Able to quickly adapt to new situations / technologies.
- Passionate about technology and innovations, creative.
- Analytical mind, structured and rigorous approach, with a sense for detail.
- Fluent in English, enjoys being the team’s spokesperson.
- To-the-point (technical) reporting skills.