SYSTEM R&D (IC SENSORS AND CAMERA SYSTEMS)
As a system researcher your main mission will be to study and benchmark 3D depth sensing sensors, systems and cameras. You will propose mathematical models of the behaviour of those systems, and you will demonstrate your ideas to improve the current systems or to develop new ones. Therefore, it is necessary that you are skilled in understanding sensor specifications, laser systems and system requirements.
In cooperation with other teams, you will perform an authoritative review of the results, providing conclusions with evidences. Your conclusions might result in innovative ideas that can be filed as Sony patents.
- Supported by other colleagues, you will perform planning, analysis and reporting of the performance of the 3D image sensors and cameras.
- You will work in the construction of PoC 3D cameras.
- You will design and SW code your different ideas in our simulators.
- You will collaborate in the research, study and design of new 3D image sensors and cameras.
- You will contribute with innovative ideas to our patents applications.
- You have a master’s degree or similar by experience. A relevant PhD is an asset.
- You are fluent in English.
- You are open to work in an R&D international environment.
- You have experience in:
- Sensor and/or imaging system design.
- Understanding how the HW components and parameters impact the quality of the acquisition.
- Understanding how the SW architecture and algorithms maximize application performance
- Python and other scientific computing languages.
- Optics (at least familiar with), Photonics.
- Image processing (2D, 3D, …) and Imaging systems.
- Mathematics/Statistics proficiency.
- Experience in the following domains is an asset :
- Experience in computer vision sciences.
- Working in a semiconductor environment.
- Image sensors and electro-optical characterization.
- Eye safety evaluation tests.
- You are analytical and have a problem-solution approach.
- You are eager to learn and to show your own initiative.
- You enjoy challenges.
- You are creative.