SYSTEM R&D (CAMERA STATISTICAL MODELS AND PYTHON)
As a System researcher your main mission will be to study and benchmark 3D depth sensing sensors, systems and cameras. You will propose mathematical models of the behaviour of those systems, and you will demonstrate your ideas to improve the current systems or to develop new ones. Therefore, it is necessary that you are skilled in understanding sensor specifications, laser systems and system requirements.
In cooperation with other teams, you will perform an authoritative review of the results, providing conclusions with evidences. Your conclusions might result in innovative ideas that can be filed as Sony patents.
- Supported by other colleagues, you will perform planning, analysis and reporting of the performance of the 3D image sensors and cameras.
- You will design and program your different features in our simulators, e.g. raytracer, sensor modeling,...
- You will collaborate in the research, study and design of new 3D image sensors and cameras.
- You will contribute with innovative ideas to our patents applications.
- You have a master’s degree or similar by experience. A relevant PhD is an asset.
- You are fluent in English.
- You are open to work in an R&D international environment.
- You have experience in:
- Image processing (2D, 3D, …) and/or imaging systems.
- Python and other scientific computing languages.
- Mathematical modeling: Statistics and optimization.
- Experience in the following domains is an asset :
- Analog and digital HW knowledge.
- Camera calibration.
- 3D depthsensing technologies: ToF, stereo, structured light, fusion techniques...
- Experience in computer vision sciences.
- Image sensors and electro-optical characterization.
- You are analytical and have a problem-solution approach.
- You are eager to learn and to show your own initiative.
- You enjoy challenges.
- You are creative.