SYSTEM ENGINEER – PRODUCT R&D DEPARTMENT
Do you want to be involved in research and development of state-of-the-art depth sensing systems targeted for next generation consumer electronics?
Sony Depthsensing Solutions, a leader in 3D vision and gesture recognition technologies, is looking for a System Engineer to work on depth sensing technologies in their Brussels location. The open position is for a System Design team in Product R&D department, responsible for delivering highest quality DepthSense® systems to customers in consumer electronics markets such as smartphones.
You will be working on a broad range of applied research projects that will advance the depth sensing systems destined for large consumer electronics manufacturers. We offer you the opportunity to gain multidisciplinary experience with image and signal processing, computer vision, image sensors, photonics and device physics as well as system design, digital and analog electronics.
- Characterization and modelling of depth sensing camera systems.
- Research and development of state-of-the-art algorithms/solutions to improving quality, performance, size, power efficiency or cost of existing and future products
- System level involvement in design of depth sensing systems with broad overview of the whole solution stack - from image sensor, optical stack and active illumination to end-user software application
- Research the field of novel depth sensing solutions
- Master’s degree or more (Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or similar)
- Knowledge of signal/image processing
- Experience with data analysis, statistics and familiarity with modeling and characterization of physical systems.
- Good knowledge of Matlab and/or Python
- Experience with Imaging or Sensing Systems is an advantage
- Experience with analog and digital electronics is an advantage
- Team spirit, good social skills and a broad interest in technology are required since you will be working in a multidisciplinary team of hardware and software engineers